Returns and Warranties
Thank you for shopping with Pilates Reformers Australia.
The following returns and warranties policies apply to all purchases of products made through www.pilatesreformersaustralia.com.au (Products) and alongside our the Terms and Conditions at the point of purchase and Shipping Policy convey the terms of your purchase.
- Returns Policy
Pilates Reformers Australia wants you to be satisfied with your Product. If you have any issues with Pilates Reformers Australia Products, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.General Refund Terms
- To request any type of refund and organise a return please e-mail email@example.com with your proof of purchase and photographs of the Product you have received within 2 business days of receiving the Product.
- Pilates Reformers Australia does not provide refunds for sale items, for any reason.
- Refunds will not be given for late delivery outside the stipulated delivery time frames provided on the Website or by the Delivery Service Providers.
- Pilates Reformers Australia does not provide refunds for assembly and installation services.
- In the following situations, no refund or return will be available:
- Denied acceptance of delivery by receiver;
- Inaccurate delivery address;
- Absent receiver - If a receiver is not home and a calling card is left at the address by the Delivery Service Provider, it is the receiver’s responsibility to contact the Delivery Service Provider to arrange appropriate delivery. If the parcel remains undeliverable due to no contact from the receiver, it will be returned to Pilates Reformers Australia for a return fee charged to the initial payment method.
If you have received the incorrect item, Pilates Reformers Australia will provide a refund on the return of the item. The returned Product must be unopened, and its original saleable condition.Change of Mind
If you have received a Product and it does not meet your expectations please contact Pilates Reformers Australia. Pilates Reformers Australia will consider your refund request subject to the following conditions:
- The Product must be returned in as-new condition. For the sake of clarity the Product will only be accepted for a return if it is returned without any stains, scratches or physical damage. It must be in saleable condition as determined by Pilates Reformers Australia. If the Product is not in saleable condition you will be charged a 20% damage fee deducted from the refund (Damage Fee);
- The Product must be in its original packaging. The Product has specifically been shipped in packaging that aims to protect it from damage during the shipping process. If you do not ship the Product back to Pilates Reformers Australia with adequate packaging (including packing material you have sourced yourself), you will be charged a 20% re-packing deducted from the refund (Re-packing Fee). Pilates Reformers Australia recommends that you photograph the Product you are returning prior to shipping so that any damage caused by the Delivery Service Provider is properly documented.
- Pilates Reformers Australia attempts to avoid any damage to Products during the shipment process by ensuring all packaging is appropriate and protective. However, in some instances damage occurs during transit.
- If your Product arrives damaged, we ask that you first contact please contact Pilates Reformers Australia within 24 hours of the Product being delivered to you with the following information:
- One clear photograph of and a written description of the damage that has occurred;
- One clear photograph of the packaging;
- Your order number; and
- Your name and delivery address.
- Once Pilates Reformers Australia has received the information above, it will open a damage case and begin an investigation. Once the outcome of the investigation has been reached, Pilates Reformers Australia will contact you with next steps.
- Commercial and Home Warranties against defects
- Pilates Reformers Australia offers a limited warranty in respect of certain Products (Warranty Against Defects) in addition to any warranties under the Australian Consumer Law. The Warranty Against Defects commences on the date of purchase. The Warranty Against Defects applies to the following Products or components of Products:
Product or Component Type
Metal & Aluminium Frames & Welded components
10 year limited warranty
Wooden Frames, Gear bar and foot bar mechanisms
5 year limited warranty
2 year limited warranty
1 year limited warranty
Ropes, Straps, Spring Clips, Handles, Fuzzies, Wheels, foot straps, Rotational disks & powder coating
2 year limited warranty
All other Products or Components
2 year limited warranty
- All warranties do not apply to any appearance of the supplied Products nor to the additional excluded items set forth below:
- Products or components from Products that have been used normally, for their intended purpose, more than 27.5 hours per week (for commercially used products only);
- normal wear and tear, including but not limited to:
- scratches to finish;
- fabrics creasing, tearing, indenting, fading and pilling over time;
- suspension used for the purpose it is designed for (laying, standing and leaning on the reformer and using the equipment for its intended purpose) – this does not include extra stretching.
- not following the instructions for care outlined by Pilates Reformers Australia;
- spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint, or bodily fluids;
- improper cleaning, negligence, treatment of the Product with chemicals, exposing the Product to the sun, extreme heat (including fire), extreme cold or bright light such as lamps;
- not using or maintaining the Product in accordance with the guidelines given by the manufacturer, including where springs have not been changed in accordance with manufacturer direction;
- abuse, dropping, crushing, bumping into hard surfaces or use after a partial failure;
- the Product is damaged due to wearing of jewelry or inappropriate clothing while operating;
- the Product being altered, incorrectly adjusted, using improper accessories, or operating the Product with the wrong electrical supply;
- the exterior has been damaged or defaced, altered or modified in design or construction, or tampering.
- The Warranty Against Defects excludes where the manufacturer-applied serial number has been changed or removed from the Product
(a) To make a claim under the Warranty Against Defects, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the defect in detail, photographic proof and proof of purchase.
(b) Pilates Reformers Australia will investigate the defect and if it determines that it is a defect under the Warranty Against Defects, it will offer you a solution depending on the extent of the defect. Solutions include but are not limited to a full refund, partial refund, store credit or a replacement of the Product.
(c) You are responsible for all shipping costs in relation to a warranty claim, including shipping the Product claimed as defective back to Pilates Reformers Australia.
2.4. Warranties under Australian Consumer Law
- Pilates Reformers Australia Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of the Product and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if the Products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure (Consumer Law Warranty). A major failure with a Product under Australian Consumer Law includes but is not limited to, where the Product is significantly different from the description shown to you, or the goods are unsafe or unfit for their normal purpose.
- If you have received a Product that you believe is faulty or defective, please contact email@example.com with photographic proof and proof of purchase.
(d) You are responsible for all shipping costs in relation to a warranty claim, including shipping the Product claimed as faulty or defective back to Pilates Reformers Australia.Care
Pilates Reformers Australia recommends that you maintain your purchased Product by following the care instructions set out below, and any manufacturer’s instructions accompanying your purchase. This will assist the longevity and your enjoyment of your purchase.
- Metal & Aluminium Frames & welded components
Steel components should not be exposed to salt spray and must always be free of debri and kept clean.
- Wooden Frames, Gear bar and foot bar mechanisms
Wooden frames must not be positioned next to convection radiators or air conditioning units nor positioned within direct sunlight.
A decrease of 5% of the spring power per 1,500 hours usage is acceptable according to internationally standards. Springs should be replaced after a maximum of 3,000 hours use or 2 years, whichever is earlier. In the event of any signs of damage or wear springs should be replaced immediately regardless of age or usage. Slamming of carrige into stopper and/or crushing springs during a fall will void Warranty on Springs.
Do not use chemical sprays or industrial soaps. Pilates Reformers Australia recommend using PGW Gym Wipes
Further Information: This warranty is issued by Pilates Reformers Australia and supported by Align-Pilates UK.
Contact details: Unit 1 /59 Smeaton Grange Road Smeaton Grange NSW 2567 Telephone +61 2 4647 7109 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Align-Pilates equipment please visit: www.pilatesreformersaustralia.com.au